Employees expect to receive services on the devices of their choice through channels based on their preferences, such as Skype, Slack, or SMS. The world that has been focused on on-premises data centers and on-premises assets also has evolved to the cloud.
Companies need to take advantage of this new multi-device, multi-channel, multi-cloud environment to deliver everything-as-a-service. That’s where BMC Helix can help.
The Critical Move From ITSM to CSM
Traditional IT service management (ITSM) is getting completely disrupted, says Nayaki Nayyar, President of Digital Services Management, BMC.
“If you go back 10 to 15 years ago, IT service management was a reactive process,” she says. “For example, every service ticket was manually created, assigned, routed, serviced, and resolved.
“Moving forward,” she continues, “service management must become much more proactive, predictive, cognitive, and automated. An incident should be auto-detected, auto-classified, and auto-resolved. If a user has an issue, a bot or virtual agent should automatically resolve it without the user even noticing. And if that user does need to reach out for service, they should be able to interact with a bot to resolve the issue. That’s how you evolve from ITSM to cognitive service management.” This is what cognitive service management looks like with BMC Helix.
Technologies such as AI, ML, chatbots, and virtual agents enable this revolution in IT service delivery, helping companies achieve the speed, accuracy, and cost savings promised by digital transformation.
BMC Helix: Empowering Transformation
The BMC Helix suite of solutions takes advantage of three critical Cs that make cognitive service management possible: cloud, cognitive capabilities, and containers.
- BMC Helix Discovery: Helps businesses discover assets and services across on-premises and multi-cloud environments
- BMC Helix ITSM: Delivers predictive service management via auto-classification, assignment, and routing of incidents; embedded multi-cloud capabilities to broker incidents, changes, and releases across cloud providers
- BMC Helix Business Workflows: Enables extension beyond IT to lines of business such as HR, facilities, and procurement
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace: Provides omni-channel conversational experiences for end users beyond web to Slackbot, Chatbot, SMSbot, and Skypebot
- BMC Helix Innovation Suite: Offers a cloud-native microservices-based platform that helps companies extend, customize, and integrate through REST APIs
The scalability, flexibility, and choice BMC Helix provides makes it possible to deliver everything-as-a-service to end users while helping everyone from developers to lines of business move at the speed of modern business.
“In this world of multi-cloud, multi-device, multi-channel, we have evolved our portfolio to help address the problems of the future,” says Nayyar. “BMC Helix can auto-discover assets across on-prem and multiple clouds, proactively service those assets, and extend beyond IT to lines of business to provide a multi-channel experience to end users according to and through their preferences. On top of that, we have containerized this whole stack, making it easy for customers to run these solutions on their cloud of choice.”
BMC Helix solutions ignite companies’ digital transformation efforts, helping them more quickly achieve accuracy, efficiencies, speed, and cost savings. “BMC Helix shines in being able to help companies achieve these business outcomes,” says Nayyar.
Learn more about how BMC is taking digital transformation into the future at BMC.com/helix.